It's been far too long since I posted last, so I decided to do a quick update.
Below is the start of the test room for codename dungeon, and right off the bat the advantage of the modeled blocks is apparent. Since last time, I've adjusted the color on the blocks and the floor, created some particle effects for torches, added some temporary wooden beams, and I've put the room together with some lighting. Going forward, creating more rooms to fill out a dungeon will be easy!
I really didn't want to show anything yet, but it has been so long since I posted that I wanted to show that the project is still clipping along.
Next time, I will show the room much closer to complete. The plan is to model some torches, add some quality wood beams, break up the floor texture a bit with a vertex blended material, and add some more details overall.
Below is the room rendered in unreal.
I am Jacob Lubinski.